Our restaurant serves good quality home-cooked food, using local produce. We have recently added a host of speciality sausages and meat to our menu from the award winning butchers Cunninghams in Kilkeel. All menus are tailored to your needs we cater especially for vegetarian, vegans, and others with special dietary requirements . Advance booking is essential for evening meals. (in bold) Please contact us to discuss your menu.
Self Catering Kitchen/Lounge
For guests who would prefer to cater for themselves we have a fully equipped kitchen with two microwave ovens, toasted sandwich makers, coffee maker, kettle, oven and fridge. In our library, we have an extensive range of childrens, travel, irish history and puzzle books available for our guests to enjoy. The Lounge has a 52″ TV with DVD player and a library full of books, magazines and maps which are all available for our guests to browse through. The lounge has comfortable sofa and easy chairs which you can snuggle up on in front of our wood burning stove on a cold winter’s evening. and particularly if you have any special dietary requirements.
We have a large spacious room available for conferences/training/meetings, suitable for approximately 40 people and fitted with fridge, toilets, sink, kettle, crockery. Flip chart available. Toilet facilities are available on the same level/floor
Outdoor Barbecue Area
We have a wonderful outdoor sitting area,with a brick Barbeque for our guests to use. Overlooking the surrounding lush fields, equipped with a table and surrounding benches it is the perfect setting on a beautiful summers day or for watching the sunset.
- Free high speed wifi
- Free secure parking
- Secure yard for bicycles
- Drying room/outside clothesline.
- Laundry facilities –(at an extra cost)
- Disabled access: two downstairs rooms, with shower seats
- Wood burning stove for cold winter evenings
- You can also hire outdoor gear from us for an additional cost
- Well equipped supermarket next door
- Local Taxis available/local Mourne Rambler bus (july/august)
- Book of detailed walking routes in each bedroom
- Picnic basket/Deck chairs available
- Reading material for all ages and interests
- Silent valley car pass for the small fee of £2
The Mourne Lodge is a purpose built centre located in the heart of the Mourne Mountains, between Spelga Dam and The Silent Valley, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. We offer quality, budget accommodation for individuals.